A Labour Government will help you
Labour will make families better off by freezing energy prices, fighting for the NHS, getting young people back to work, and balancing the books in a fair way.
We will strengthen the minimum wage, increase free childcare for working parents and introduce a compulsory jobs guarantee for young people unemployed for over a year.
Our pledges for the next election
How Labour will change Britain for the better
- Cut the starting income rate to 10% and abolish the bedroom tax
- Freeze energy prices until 2017 and cap rail fare increases
- Cut taxes for 1.5 million small businesses and set up a new bank for small business
- Expand free childcare for parents
- Lower the voting age to 16
- Build 200,000 new houses a year by 2020
- Repeal Conservative NHS reforms, and integrate health and social care
- Create up to 125,000 more apprenticeships